miércoles, 11 de noviembre de 2020

ENGLISH 10-11-20

 

Good morning,

Like every Tuesday, we are going to do a reading comprehension activity.


Read the text and answer the questions(in your English notebook):


WHAT A DAY!

Friday 13th September

What a day! My alarm clock didn’t ring so I overslept. I woke up at ten o’clock with a terrible tooth-ache. I suddenly remembered I had an appointment with the dentist at quarter past ten. I ran out of the house and down the street. Then I saw some girls laughing at me. I looked down. I was still in my pyjama trousers. I ran back home, but then I found I didn’t have my keys. I couldn’t open the door. I got a ladder from the garage and started to climb up to my bedroom window. But the ladder was very old and it broke. I fell off and broke my leg. Now I’m in hospital. My tooth still hurts and my leg hurts, too!


1. Why did the boy oversleep?

2. What time did he wake up? 

3. What was the matter with him?  

4. Where was he supposed to be at 10:15? 

5. Why did the girls laugh at him? 

6. Did he manage to get into the house? Why/Why not?

7. Why did the boy go to hospital?  



5ºB When you finish the exercises send me a picture to my email: lucia.mantilla@educa.madrid.org